Welcome To CYS Yoga Teacher Training
The next courses start in September 2015 and we are receiving a steady stream of enquiries. The dates for the Sept 2015 - August 2016 courses are now available to click on below and at the moment there are still some 15% early-bird reductions on the Weybridge course deposits.
Each year we invite prospective applicants to join us for a light vegetarian lunch and a chance to informally meet the tutors and current teacher trainees. Below are the June and July dates coming up -
David Lloyd Brooklands, Weybridge, Saturday 20th June
David Lloyd Newhaven Harbour, Edinburgh, Saturday, 4th July
David Lloyd Brooklands, Weybridge, 18th July
Birnam Hotel, Birnam by Dunkeld, Saturday, 1st August
Please email or phone me if you are interested in coming along
Course Director June Mitchell on 01350 728773 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
NEW CYS Glasgow Teacher Training Course at Merchant City Yoga. Starting Weekend 11/12 September 2015.
for enquiries and course details please contact Judi Farrell on 07880 631559 or visit www.merchantcityyoga.com
- Philosophical and Spiritual Study of Patanjali’s Yoga Sutras
- Asanas - For personal practice we are working with the Ashtanga Vinyasa Primary Series in addition to studying Sivananda, Iyengar and Vinyasa Flow styles
- Pranayama - the science behind the breath
- Nadis, Chakras, Bandhas and Kriyas
- Relaxation and Meditation techniques
- The use of Music, Mantras and Chanting
- Anatomy and Physiology - covering all the body systems and understanding how yoga acts on them with additional specialist tuition in Yoganatomy from world-renowned Ashtanga teacher, David Keil.
- Guidance for Self-Practice and Personal Development
- Yoga for special circumstances, i.e: back pain, pregnancy, children, seniors, etc.
- Tutorials in Qigong, NLP, Alexander Technique, Nutrition and Myers Briggs Personality Profiling
- Setting up your classes Marketing, Accounting, etc.
CYS/Yoga Alliance qualified teachers are working
in many areas of our communities:
- Local Authorities
- Health Clubs and Centres
- Their own Yoga Centres
- Primary and Secondary Schools
- Business and Corporate
- Charities, e.g. Yogability, Parkinsons Society
- Yoga for the Special Child
- Mother and baby/toddlers Groups
- and in many privately run classes
Course Director June Mitchell:
'It is a privilege for the CYS team of outstanding tutors and I, to have provided the foundation for many, very successful yoga teachers in Scotland and the South of England; and others now inspiring their students in the USA, Australia, Thailand and Portugal. Click here to view some of their websites that you may find interesting'.
Mark, CYS graduate August 2013
'CYS Teacher Training is well thought out and delivered. As the year goes by you will become more and more confident and ready to teach yoga with good grounding and understanding. A professional course that is also good fun.'