Welcome To CYS Yoga Teacher Training
The Scottish course is now full so I am very sorry if you are reading this and were thinking of beginning your yoga training in Scotland next month. Each year the courses begin to fill up in the autumn before the next year's start in September so I am happy to begin taking names for the 2015 intakes.
There are just a few places remaining for the Weybridge, Surrey course and if you would like to apply for this venue, please contact me - Course Director June Mitchell on 01350 728773 or email email@example.com
- Philosophical and Spiritual Study of Patanjali’s Yoga Sutras
- Asanas - For personal practice we are working with the Ashtanga Vinyasa Primary Series in addition to studying Sivananda, Iyengar and Vinyasa Flow styles
- Pranayama - the science behind the breath
- Nadis, Chakras, Bandhas and Kriyas
- Relaxation and Meditation techniques
- The use of Music, Mantras and Chanting
- Anatomy and Physiology - covering all the body systems and understanding how yoga acts on them with additional specialist tuition in Yoganatomy from world-renowned Ashtanga teacher, David Keil.
- Guidance for Self-Practice and Personal Development
- Yoga for special circumstances, i.e: back pain, pregnancy, children, seniors, etc.
- Tutorials in Qigong, NLP, Alexander Technique, Nutrition and Myers Briggs Personality Profiling
- Setting up your classes Marketing, Accounting, etc.
CYS/Yoga Alliance qualified teachers are working
in many areas of our communities:
- Local Authorities
- Health Clubs and Centres
- Their own Yoga Centres
- Primary and Secondary Schools
- Business and Corporate
- Charities, e.g. Yogability, Parkinsons Society
- Yoga for the Special Child
- Mother and baby/toddlers Groups
- and in many privately run classes
Course Director June Mitchell:
'It is a privilege for the CYS team of outstanding tutors and I, to have provided the foundation for many, very successful yoga teachers in Scotland and the South of England; and others now inspiring their students in the USA, Australia, Thailand and Portugal. Click here to view some of their websites that you may find interesting'.
Mark, CYS graduate August 2013
'CYS Teacher Training is well thought out and delivered. As the year goes by you will become more and more confident and ready to teach yoga with good grounding and understanding. A professional course that is also good fun.'