Welcome To CYS Yoga Teacher Training
Both courses starting in September 2014 are steadily filling up. If you are interested in applying for either the Scotland or Weybridge, Surrey course, please contact the Course DirectorJune Mitchell on 01350 728773 or email firstname.lastname@example.org There are a few early bird reductions remaining on the course deposit. Each year we invite applicants to join current students and the tutors for lunch and an informal chat about the course.
The upcoming venues and dates are -
The Drill Hall, Edinburgh, Saturday, 15th March
and the Birnam Hotel, Birnam by Dunkeld on Saturday, 12th April
D & E Leisure, Eton, Windsor on Saturday, 30th March and Saturday, 27th April
- Philosophical and Spiritual Study of Patanjali’s Yoga Sutras
- Asanas - For personal practice we are working with the Ashtanga Vinyasa Primary Series in addition to studying Sivananda, Iyengar and Vinyasa Flow styles
- Pranayama - the science behind the breath
- Nadis, Chakras, Bandhas and Kriyas
- Relaxation and Meditation techniques
- The use of Music, Mantras and Chanting
- Anatomy and Physiology - covering all the body systems and understanding how yoga acts on them with additional specialist tuition in Yoganatomy from world-renowned Ashtanga teacher, David Keil.
- Guidance for Self-Practice and Personal Development
- Yoga for special circumstances, i.e: back pain, pregnancy, children, seniors, etc.
- Tutorials in Qigong, NLP, Alexander Technique, Nutrition and Myers Briggs Personality Profiling
- Setting up your classes Marketing, Accounting, etc.
qualified teachers are working
in many areas of our
- Local Authorities
- Health Clubs and Centres
- Their own Yoga Centres
- Primary and Secondary Schools
- Business and Corporate
- Charities, e.g. Yogability, Parkinsons Society
- Yoga for the Special Child
- Mother and baby/toddlers Groups
- and in many privately run classes
Course Director June Mitchell:
'It is a privilege for our team of outstanding tutors and I, to have provided the foundation for many very successful yoga teachers in Scotland and the South East of England; and others now inspiring their own students in the USA, Australia, Thailand and Portugal. Click here are some of their websites that you may find interesting'.
Mark, CYS graduate August 2013
'CYS Teacher Training is well thought out and delivered. As the year goes by you will become more and more confident and ready to teach yoga with good grounding and understanding. A professional course that is also good fun.'