Welcome To CYS Yoga Teacher Training
Both courses for 2014 are already beginning to fill up. If you are interested in applying for next year's intake in Scotland or Windsor, please contact the Course Director June Mitchell on 01350 728773 or email email@example.com There are early bird reductions on the course deposit. Each year we invite applicants to join the current students and tutors for lunch and a chat about the course. The upcoming dates are -
Eton, Windsor on Saturday, 25th January and Saturday or Sunday, 22nd/23rd February
Birnam by Dunkeld, Perthshire 15th February and Edinburgh, 15th March
- Philosophical and Spiritual Study of Patanjali’s Yoga Sutras
- Asanas - For personal practice we are working with the Ashtanga Vinyasa Primary Series in addition to studying Sivananda, Iyengar and Vinyasa Flow styles
- Pranayama - the science behind the breath
- Nadis, Chakras, Bandhas and Kriyas
- Relaxation and Meditation techniques
- The use of Music, Mantras and Chanting
- Anatomy and Physiology - covering all the body systems and understanding how yoga acts on them with additional specialist tuition in Yoganatomy from world-renowned Ashtanga teacher, David Keil.
- Guidance for Self-Practice and Personal Development
- Yoga for special circumstances, i.e: back pain, pregnancy, children, seniors, etc.
- Tutorials in Qigong, NLP, Alexander Technique, Nutrition and Myers Briggs Personality Profiling
- Setting up your classes Marketing, Accounting, etc.
qualified teachers are working
in many areas of our
- Local Authorities
- Health Clubs and Centres
- Their own Yoga Centres
- Primary and Secondary Schools
- Business and Corporate
- Charities, e.g. Yogability, Parkinsons Society
- Yoga for the Special Child
- Mother and baby/toddlers Groups
- and in many privately run classes
Course Director June Mitchell:
'It is a privilege for our team of outstanding tutors and I, to have provided the foundation for many very successful yoga teachers in Scotland and the South East of England; and others now inspiring their own students in the USA, Australia, Thailand and Portugal. Click here are some of their websites that you may find interesting'.
Mark, CYS graduate August 2013
'CYS Teacher Training is well thought out and delivered. As the year goes by you will become more and more confident and ready to teach yoga with good grounding and understanding. A professional course that is also good fun.'